Business Journal to honor Champions in Health Care Aug. 23
The Boston Business Journal will honor leading health care professionals at its annual Champions in Health Care event Aug 23. at the Seaport Hotel, Boston.
“Champions in Health Care is our tribute to the amazing professionals who help make the Boston area medical community first-class,” said Chris McIntosh, publisher of the Boston Business Journal. “It’s always a warm celebration of truly talented and dedicated professionals.”
The breakfast event will recognize 14 individuals and two employers. They will be honored in seven categories — administrator, community outreach, employer, innovator, lifetime achievement, nurse and physician. The event will also feature a keynote address from U.S. Rep. Michael E. Capuano, who serves the Eighth Congressional District.
Below is a list of this year’s honorees.
• Dr. Carolyn S. Langer, MD, JD, MPH, medical director, medical management & policy, Harvard Pilgrim HealthCare
• Christine E. Alessandro, executive director, BayPath Elder Services, Inc.
• Joan Quinlan, executive Director, MGH Center for Community Health Improvement
• Dr. Elizabeth Woods, MD, MPH, Director, Community Asthma Initiative, Boston Children’s Hospital
• Rockland Trust
• NEI (Network Engines)
• Dr. Hiep T. Nguyen, MD, associate in urology, Co-Director of the Center for Robotic Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital
• Mike Glennon, CEO, Pavilion Medical Innovations and Vortex Medical, Inc.
• Dr. Michael J. Zinner, surgeon in-chief and chairman of the Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
• Robert L. Taube, Executive Director, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
• David E. Storto, president, Partners Healthcare at Home & Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
• Annie Lewis-O’Connor, founder, Women’s After Care Clinic, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
• Jean Anne Connor, DNSc, RN, CPNP, director nursing research cardiovascular and critical care programs, Boston Children’s Hospital
For more information about the Champions in Health Care event, go to: http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/event/63541
Courtesy of Boston Business Journal and the BMC Office of Development